Drive’s complete line of products enhances the life of each user, from the mobility, bariatric, pressure prevention, self-assist, rehabilitation, pediatric products, to our wheelchairs, sleep surfaces, beds, respiratory equipment, power wheelchairs, power scooters, patient room equipment, through to our electrotherapy devices and personal care p...
Drive’s complete line of products enhances the life of each user, from the mobility, bariatric, pressure prevention, self-assist, rehabilitation, pediatric products, to our wheelchairs, sleep surfaces, beds, respiratory equipment, power wheelchairs, power scooters, patient room equipment, through to our electrotherapy devices and personal care products.
Drive Medical is the fastest growing global manufacturers of durable medical equipment; our products are used and distributed throughout North America, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Drive's market spans many verticals including: home healthcare providers, healthcare distributors, retailers (both independent and chains), and e-tailers. Our recent expansion includes a new Long-Term Care Division and a new Acute Care Division. These developments are accompanied by the continued growth in the core home health care business, supported by a direct, national field sales force.
Drive Medical (1846 Items)
- Select a cane that is appropriate to the patient s weight. For the ideal cane height, keep arms at your side with a natural bend at the elbow. Measure from the ground to the center of the wrist.
- Axillary crutches are the most common type of crutches. Crutches are constructed of lightweight aluminum and are latex free.
- At newmedsupplies.com offers extensive line of electric powered mobilty devices and scooters. The goal of using power mobility is to maximize access to the home and community, maintain safety and conserve energy. There are several factors that should be considered when transitioning to power mobility. The first is the individual s current functional status. The individual may report an increase in the number of falls due to muscle weakness/fatigue or loss of balance within the home or community despite using assistive devices. An individual assessment of mobility and function by an occupational or physical therapist will identify problem areas and lead to a stepwise intervention. The optimal outcome is a good match between the individual s mobility needs and the power mobility device. The initial choice to be made is usually between a power scooter and a power wheelchair; selection between these two devices is based on the user s environment, functional status, and available transportation.
- Medication is the most important treatment of most diseases of pulmonology and cardiology, usually by inhalation (bronchodilators and steroids) or also by mouth or IV (antibiotics, leukotriene antagonists). A common example being the usage of inhalersin the treatment of inflammatory lung conditions such as Asthma or Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Emphysema). Oxygen therapy is often necessary in severe respiratory disease such as pulmonary fibrosis.Intensive careMechanical ventilation may be required in instances of rapidly advancing disease or difficulty after surgery. Different modes of mechanical ventilation are used for various instances depending on the patients need. respiratory therapists are frequently required to intubate, initiate intravenous lines, place arterial lines as well as many other vascular accesses such as central venous catheters and pulmonary artery catheters (Swan-Ganz).Pulmonary rehabilitation may be initiated as a treatment as a source for continuity of improvement after a hospital stay or as a therapeutic way to increase quality of life. Pulmonary rehabilitation is intended to educate the patient, the family, and improve the overall quality of life and prognosis for the patient. Pulmonary Rehabilitation involves therapies and evaluations by respiratory therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists.
- Our Products by Medline and Drive Medical offers a complete line of durable medical equipment including mobility products, beds, bariatric products, wheelchairs, sleep surfaces and pressure prevention products, respiratory equipment, self-assist products, power wheelchairs and walking rollators, walking aids, power scooters, rehabilitation products, pediatric products, patient room equipment, personal care products and electrotherapy devices. Bath safety has become a growing concern and we can help you address those concerns. We have an extensive line of bath benches and chairs equipped with suction cups or non-slip feet, grab bars and safety rails, commodes and handheld shower heads. Each line contains a large variety of items suited for every type of patient, including pediatric and bariatric sizes. All equipment is manufactured under the strictest of quality conditions to guarantee you a product that fits your budget without sacrificing safety and comfort.
- Back folds down for easy storage and transportLightweight wheelchairsHandbrakes for better control (Optional)Easy-to-clean vinyl upholsteryPush bar with foam grip standardConvenient cup holderSeat belt for safety12" rear wheelsAnti-tippers standardChart pocket on backWeighs 33 lbs (15 kg)
Q: Are hand brakes required? Hand brakes are very helpful when travelling up and down ramps and for that added sense of security.
- 1.Select a walker that is appropriate to the patient s weight. 2.Keeping arms at your side with a natural bend at the elbow, measure from the ground to the center of the wrist. 3.Adjust all four legs to the same height so that the handgrips match the same height as the wrist.
Electrotherapy is the use of electrical energy as a medical treatment. In medicine, the term electrotherapy can apply to a variety of treatments, including the use of electrical devices such as deep brain stimulators for neurological disease. The term has also been applied specifically to the use of electric current to speed wound healing. Additionally, the term "electrotherapy" or "electromagnetic therapy" has also been applied to a range of alternative medical devices and treatments.Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, "The IEEE standard dictionary of electrical and electronics terms". 6th ed. New York, N.Y., Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, c1997. IEEE Std 100-1996. ISBN 1-55937-833-6 ed. Standards Coordinating Committee 10, Terms and Definitions; Jane Radatz, (chair)
To help provide security and stability, use the guide below to understand where bath safety products can be located in and around the bathroom.
Choose between Non-Folding Commodes for use bedside for those who may not be mobile enough to walk to the bathroom, Folding Commodes that folds down to reduce storage space by 35% and makes delivery easier, Drop-Arm Commodes where Arms swing out of the way for easier lateral transfers on and off the commode and Bariatric Commodes for Extra-wide seating area and higher weight capacities are ideal for larger patients and Reinforced frames for greater weight-bearing capabilities
High-Quality Beds meet or exceed very stringent dynamic and static load requirements. Each bed is inspected and fully system tested at maximum weight capacity.
ADLs are useful for people who have limited mobility or suffer from the inability to twist or bend. These personal care aids help the user maintain their dignity and independence.
A skin protection and positioning cushion. The high resiliency foam cushion features a segmented gel insert and waterfall front that help to redistribute weight and relieve pressure. An ergonomically designed, cost-effective solution for users with arm issues, a fully adjustable lateral support for users with moderate to severe impairment in their ability to maintain proper posture.